How to recover gmail password without changing itYou forgot your password Gmail and you can’t access your email account anymore? Well, it’s a really big problem, no doubt about it. Nowadays it is essential to have an email address that is always functional and not being able to access it, even just for one day, can mean a lot, both from a business point of view and for personal life.
Nonetheless, there is no need to despair. By implementing some procedures it is in fact possible to recover the Gmail password, or at least restore access to the account and obtain the “keys” of one’s e-mail box again (together with the rest of Google services, such as YouTube, Google Drive and so on) quite simply. What procedures am I referring to? I’ll explain it to you right away.
Take a few minutes of free time and focus on reading this guide. By following the instructions I am about to give you step-by-step, you will be able to find out how to recover gmail password, if you had previously saved it on one of your devices, or how to replace it with a new one and access your account again thanks to the emergency functions made available by Google itself. Happy reading and good luck with everything!
- 1 How to recover Gmail password without changing it recovery email Security Code with phone number
- 2 How to recover forgotten Gmail password
How to recover Gmail password without changing it recovery email Security Code with phone number
Let’s see first how to recover gmail password without changing it. If you have stored your account password in the browser or on your mobile device, you may be able to recover it without changing it using the emergency procedure made available by Google. Here are all the details.
How to recover Gmail password on Windows 11/10/8/7 PC
By now all the main browsers for surfing the Internet include one function to store passwords used to access sites, social networks and online services of various types. As you may already know, I tend to advise against their use, because, although technically safe (the information is saved in an encrypted way and synchronized online in a safe way as well) these systems are quite simple to “attack” in case of physical access to the user’s machine. I recommend using a good external password manager instead.
Having said that, if you in the past, by accessing Gmail or any Google service, had used the password saving function in the browser, you may be able to recover your credentials quite easily. How? Follow the instructions below, where it is illustrated how to recover gmail password on pc from all the main online navigation programs, and you will find out.
- Google Chrome — click on the icon (⋮) located at the top right, click on the item Settingsselect the tab You and Google (if necessary) and click on the entry Password. Then search “Google” or “gmail” in the search bar located at the top and, if your Gmail account password is actually saved, click on theeye icon and type the password or the PIN of the computer, to see it.
- Microsoft Edge — click on the icon (…) located at the top right, select the item Settings in the opened menu and click on the card Profiles. Now, select the wording Passwordnear “Google” or “gmail” in the search bar and, if the result of your interest is present, click on the symbol ofeye and provide the password or the PIN of the computer in use to see the information in clear text.
- MozillaFirefox — click on the symbol (≡) located at the top right, select the item Credentials and passwords from the opened menu, search “Google” or “gmail” in the search bar located at the top and see any result that has been found, placed in the sidebar. After that, click on the iconeyeso as to display the Gmail password.
- Safari — open the menu Safari (top left), select the item Preferences from the latter and go to the tab Password. Next, write the password of your user account on macOS, come on Enter on the keyboard and search “Google” or “gmail” in the search bar located at the top right of the box. Once this is done, you just have to click on the result of your interest to view the password of your account (if available).
How to recover gmail password from mobile
Would you like to try to recover gmail password from mobile? Well, then you can try to rely on the password storage services included in the Android and iOS browsers, which, just like those for PCs, allow you to store the passwords of the sites you access. Here is how to proceed in detail.
- On Android — the procedure can only be implemented if the device is still logged in to the Google account. So open the app Settingspress on the wording Google (it should be at the bottom of the screen), press the button Manage your Google Account and tap on the tab Safety. Now, tap on the wording Password manager (bottom), At this point, you just have to look “Google” or “gmail” in the search bar and, if available, tap the corresponding result. Finally, type the PIN device unlock or scan theFingerprint or the face (based on the device in your possession and the security system activated) and tap on theeye iconso as to see the memorized password in clear text.
- On iOS/iPadOS — open the app Settingsselect the item Passwordauthenticated via Face ID, Touch ID or password of the Apple ID and search for “Google” or “gmail” in the search bar placed high. Finally, press on the appropriate search result and you’re done.
How to recover forgotten Gmail password
If you’ve read this far in the guide, you obviously want to know how to recover gmail password even at the cost of changing it, as you can no longer access your account and you weren’t able to fix the situation by following the instructions I gave you previously, right? So here’s how you can reset your account password through the emergency procedures made available by Google itself.
How to recover forgotten Gmail password on PC
For recover forgotten Gmail password on PC, the first thing you need to do is connect to the Gmail login page; then click on the button Go to your Accounttype the Gmail address whose password you forgot into the text field Email address or phone number and press the button After you.
Now, since you don’t remember the password, click on the wording Forgot password?, so as to display one of the recovery options among those available. If you have associated your Gmail address with a device you own, a notification will be sent to this device: if you reply Yes on the device in question, you will already have your account back and you will be able to enter a new access key in the text fields Create passwords And He confirms and then click the button Save password to save her.
If the above mentioned recovery method is not available in your case, then try what you are suggested to do. In some cases, for example, a SMS to the mobile phone number linked to the Google account, which contains a verification code through which it is possible to identify oneself and regain possession of the profile.
For recover gmail password without phone numberclick on the item instead Try another method and see which solution, among those available, is most congenial to you (for example, inserting one of the last passwords you remember or the answer to one Security Question).
Ultimately, if none of the available methods will allow you to repossess the account, you will be asked to provide a alternative email addressthrough which you will be contacted by Google to receive information on what to do.
How to recover forgotten gmail password from mobile
You want to know how to recover forgotten gmail password from mobile? Well, the procedure to follow is practically the same as I showed you in the previous chapter.
Also in this case, first go to this page, press the button Go to your Google Account and, after writing the address you want to recover (in the text field Email address or phone number), press the button After you.
Once this is done, click on the link Forgot password?, in order to see the recovery options available in your case. There are several: sending a code through SMS or go e-mail to a linked mobile phone number or alternate email address; recovery by entering one of the last passwords you remember and/or the answer to some security questions; recovery by notification sent to a device connected to the account, etc.
If a recovery method is not congenial to you, press on the wording Try another, until you are offered an alternative that suits you. Once you have identified your identity by following the instructions given to you based on the chosen method, fill in the text fields Create passwords And He confirms and then press the button Save password.
If none of the proposed methods allow you to recover your account, you will be asked to provide a alternative email address through which you will receive specific instructions from Google on what to do.